Activity Provided By
Medisca Network Inc
Overview / Abstract
This is a 48 hour practice-based program; 24 hour self-study course and a 24 hour live course. This program is intended to provide the pharmacist with focused training in non-sterile compounding through the application of adult education principles of learning.
The self-study course includes:
- A learning assessment encompassing all twelve modules and will serve as the examination process for the self-study course.
- The self-study examination process will not only ensure a theoretical competency level, but is a pre-curser to the live course and is intended to facilitate a higher level of learning in the live course.
- Each module contains randomized and identifiable questions requiring more broad thinking or concept generation affording the pharmacist the opportunity to reflect on some of the more prominent issues in a contemporary compounding practice.
- Questions the participant needs answer to appropriately address various issues. These questions also engage the reader during the self-study learning process.
The 3-day live course contains:
- A healthy balance between classroom sessions and practical hands-on compounding; twelve hours each.
- Classroom sessions are composed of a careful mix of didactic and interactive learning. Participants will have the opportunity to assess their skills as the live course progresses.
- Most frequently compounded dosage forms representative of 90% of what today's compounding pharmacist prepares in their day-to-day practice.
- Current practice tips for three prominent niche markets; hormone replacement; pain management and veterinary compounding. Each of these sessions is divided into three key components; pharmaceutics, clinical practice tips and administrative tools.
- Informatics (reference materials and Internet resources), marketing insights and tips, and compounding law round-out the itinerary.
- Case scenarios during problem-solving sessions. All previously learned program material will be used to solve these cases.
Credits / Hours
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy has allocated 48 hours of continuing education credit (4.8 CEUs); 24 hours of continuing education credit for its self-study program (2.4 CEUs) and 24 hours of continuing education credit for its live program
Is This Activity Certified for "Live" Credit?
Presenters / Authors / Faculty
Joe Cabaleiro, BS, Judy Riffee, RPh, BS Pharm, Kelli Hosey, BS; RPh, Ken Speidel, PharmD, Kenneth Latta, BS; RPh, Kerry Earlywine, PharmD, Mark Filosi, BS Pharm, Steve Gillis, PharmD, Tim Klahs, MBA, Vanessa Pinheiro, BS, MSc
Activity Specialities / Related Topics
Pharmacology, Compounding of Medications