• Characterize type 2 diabetes as a cardiovascular risk factor
• Outline key aspects of care for a patient with type 2 diabetes
• Compare the classes of medications generally recommended for use in combination with metformin
• Differentiate traditional clinical outcomes trials from cardiovascular safety trials
• Describe the findings of cardiovascular safety t...
Diagnosis of Cirrhosis and Evaluation of Hepatic Encephalopathy: Common Errors and Their Significance for the PCP
1. Identify strategies to improve early detection of liver cirrhosis and its complications
2. Describe the evidence linking alterations in the human microbiome with liver disease and complications such as hepatic encephalopathy
3. Describe results of preliminary investigations showing improved health outcomes in patients with liver cirrhosis managed with treatments intende...
1. Describe the findings of the Human Microbiome Project and Gut Microbiome Initiative
2. Describe the evidence linking alterations in the human microbiome with disease, including irritable bowel syndrome
3. Describe results of treatments that act upon the gut microbiota in patients with irritable bowel syndrome
Family physicians and clinicians who wish ...
Eligible for 1 AMA PRA Category 1 credit.
Supplement to The Journal of Family Practice | Vol 66, No 4 | APRIL 2017
For CME credit, complete the article and go to www.pceconsortium.org/slit to complete the post-test survey.
Allergen immunotherapy (AIT), the only potential diseasemodifying
treatment for allergic disease, has been used
for more than a century.
Hankin et a...
The Cardiovascular Safety of Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs: Putting the Evidence in Perspective
Enduring CME article for 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
• Summarize the evidence and events that led the US Food and Drug Administration to require labeling changes regarding the safety of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
• Compare the effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin on platelets
• Summarize the evidence from clinical trials and registr...