• Characterize type 2 diabetes as a cardiovascular risk factor
• Outline key aspects of care for a patient with type 2 diabetes
• Compare the classes of medications generally recommended for use in combination with metformin
• Differentiate traditional clinical outcomes trials from cardiovascular safety trials
• Describe the findings of cardiovascular safety t...
The Cardiovascular Safety of Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs: Putting the Evidence in Perspective
Enduring CME article for 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
• Summarize the evidence and events that led the US Food and Drug Administration to require labeling changes regarding the safety of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
• Compare the effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin on platelets
• Summarize the evidence from clinical trials and registr...